Monday, May 9, 2011

Boden

Boden,
We prayed, and wished and dreamed about you. I wasn't sure who you would be, but knew you'd be ours. I found out on Mother's Day that I would be a mother. While you grew - with the flutters and kicks, long stretches of sleep and long stretches. I could feel you becoming, like I feel my own heart beating... but I still wasn't sure who you were. And then you were here; after months and months and days of waiting...

And I knew you! Have always known you. You were always meant to be with your father and I. So attentive and smiling. And every time our eyes meet you break into a spontaneous grin. And my heart floods with instantaneous and overpowering love (and disbelief that you are ours)!

I want to hold that smile - that belly laugh. That look of absolute adoration that you have for me. I know it will too quickly pass and be replaced by the looks that children who are growing give to their parents. Looks that no doubt I gave to my own parents. And I want you to know, that that's ok. That I love you in your innocence - in your tiny wrinkles - in your gummy smile; as I will love you in your shaggy hair - your sarcastic eye rolling - in your rushing off to things that are more important than I.

I hope for you, like every parent does - happiness and health and compassion. And to choose the good and right over the easy paths in life. It won't always be easy, for either of us - but I promise to do my best and to remember what a perfect naked squishy baby you were and how very wonderfully blessed we are to have a son like you.

P.S.
Thank you for the mother's day flowers

1 comment:

  1. So precious...
    Hope you had a wonderful first Mother's Day mama!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete