Thursday, August 8, 2013

New House - painting project

I've decided that I really love to design and decorate. Oh, what I could do with an unlimited budget (I better buy some of those power ball tickets)!

My parents came for a whole week last week, and we undertook some awesome projects. I'm going to document the actual changes and updates (some, like adding the garage door opener to my cars home link system can't be adequately captured on film). But, before they arrived, the painting was finally done. Here are a few before and after photos from my phone of some of the smaller projects we started.


What fresh paint can do. The entryway.

Looking down from the stairs

Steve and I learned how to thread TV cables through the wall! 

My "Boden Project"

The dining room (updated chandelier to come too!)

This was the "half wall" from the upstairs hall into the living room. For safety and sight we removed and replaced with a banister railing. 

After, this really opens up the landing, and makes it safer for us to watch the boys (and they won't jump over!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for DIY projects! Loving the paint job/update on the banister. Looks kind of like ours and I'm getting inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Mackenzie! Your garden has inspired me... maybe next year! But I love our banister too - easy update which really changed the whole feel of the house.

      Delete