Thursday, December 16, 2010

Showers! Part 1

So, first off I'd like to apologize for the huge delay in writing this blog (but I did get all my thank-you notes out)!

November went by so quickly and was filled with so much fun and anticipation for our soon-to-be-born son Boden!

My bestest friends from College all got together and planned an amazing shower here in Boulder, Colorado. They each took a part of the planning and threw an incredible shower (one of the best I've ever attended). Andrea handled the logistics of invitations, rsvp etc. Rebecca was responsible for the decorations. Katie handled the food (and it was catered by a great local company called Spice of Life (yum!)). Kat handled the games and tag teamed the arts and crafts with Rebecca. With each person taking a little piece of the party - the detail, fun and planning couldn't have been any better. My friend Rachelle even made adorable animal themed cup cakes!


Some of the highlights of the event included:
Decorating Onsies (they all turned out so cute and funny - can't wait to use them).

Steve did a video (think newly weds type questions but about parenting), and I think we are going to be great parents based on the results of my quiz.

The food was all food from childhood (so yummy, and creative)! Ants on a log, pigs in a blanket, mac and cheese, grilled cheese... my favorites!


Thanks to everyone who came and participated. I felt so incredibly lucky in love to have such wonderful friends and family at the shower.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that cake was amazing! Is she a pastry chef? What a fun shower. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete