Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Showers - Part Deux

Steve and I drove to my Parent's house in Southern California for the week of Thanksgiving this year. Its about a 14 -16 hour drive (depending on Las Vegas traffic) and really isn't that bad. I personally enjoy the road trip, and it allows us to bring Delilah for the week (yay!). It was a fantastic week (and I'll blog about the specifics next) But it was so amazing that my wonderful Family threw Boden another baby shower while we were there.

My Aunties, Cousin Melissa and Cousin Betty all worked together to throw another fantastic shower. Melissa, who is a teacher, thought of the brilliant idea for everyone to bring their favorite children's book. (And I'm sure most of
you already know that I am a huge book nut. I love books, and reading and children's illustrations - so this was just a perfect gift).

A tower of cupcakes accompanied the book themed shower, as well as fun games and a delicious array of food. My friend Mara, who is expecting a daughter the week after me - and our friend Kerri, who is also expecting a daughter in March - were also in town for
the fun event. I got many wonderful gifts, and handsome outfits for Boden (they are all washed and ready to go once he arrives!)

Thank you all for a wonderful and special day - again! I am so lucky to have the friends and family that I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment