Monday, August 13, 2012

Father's Day

Boulder Airport 2012
I was so excited for this year's Father's Day. It just so happened that the local airport was having an airshow. I didn't tell Steve anything about what to expect for the day. I just made him pack a backpack and get the bikes ready.

One thing I love about Boulder is how walkable and bikeable it is. We live right on the Goosecreek bike path, which can pretty much get you anywhere in Boulder through a series of adjoining paths. When I was training for my marathon a few years ago I was able to run 20 miles without ever touching an actual road or intersection... it was all run on the bike paths.

The Boulder airport is only about 2 miles away due East from our path. So we got the bikes ready and I had to give directions as we rode.

"Nope - we're not there yet."

"Nope... keep going Steve."

" Yes I have a plan!"

Finally as we got closer he figured it all out. Not that Steve loves airplanes or anything, but I knew he would be excited because Boden was so excited. We got to watch planes take off and land... see lots of people with doggies, and even go in some amazing WWII bombers.


Waiting to sit in an actual airplane

Waving to my boys from the ground


On the wing of a WWII Bomber
Then we road our bikes back home and met some friends for lunch at our local Korea House. Boden chowed some veggi eggrolls and we enjoyed Bulgulgi and miso soup. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures, Sarah! Boden is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for Father's day! looks like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete