Saturday, September 1, 2012

Robinson Baby Shower

I had fun photoshopping (Katie and Simon as toddlers)
My college roommate, rowing buddy and former Heterosexual Life Partner (as we often nannied and joked about raising families together) is expecting her first child with her Husband Simon this October. I was so excited to be on her shower committee with three of her other friends. It was my first official shower! I had so many awesome ideas and help from all the showers I'd been to and those that had been thrown for me. My cousin Betty is clearly the shower guru and I realize just how much work it takes to bring it all together! Special thanks also to Pinterest for wasting hours of my time with awesome ideas. I really did make those tissue paper pom-poms!

Katie and Simon are NOT finding out the sex of their baby... which is super exciting (but oh how I wish I could buy ridiculous baby outfits as gifts - I mean seriously, tutus and tiny ties, what baby doesn't need a miniature brief case for their ipad?). The final theme was owls (based on the nursery) and tying into the book idea. Everyone brought a book. Some of my favorite parts of the shower were decorating onsies, watching Katie try to figure out Simon's answers on an interview we set up with him, and listening to Katie's mom tell stories of her and her brother when they were little. I have a feeling Katie and Simon will have their hands full. The dessert was a huge hit - miniature pies from a fabulous local restaurant called The Huckleberry. We're so excited for them to become parents (yay! friends who will have to leave by 7pm and can't go out on week nights)! Congrats to the new Parents (my vote is now officially a girl - end of September... for the record).


No comments:

Post a Comment